• Volunteer to help with classroom/school activities.
• Participate in your school’s Parent Advisory Council (PAC). This handbook has a section on the PAC at Bastion School.
• Attend classroom and school meetings. They will inform you of important programs and give you opportunities to ask questions and give your input.
• Consider sharing your special skills, talents, hobbies.
• Stay in touch. Share information about your child. This can be done in person, through notes or phone calls.
All parent volunteers agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics
1) Respect the confidentiality of the teacher and the children and refrain from discussing them outside the school situation. If you have any questions or concerns, share them with the teacher, or the Principal.
2) Practice tolerance and understanding towards the children and teachers with whom you come in contact. Be sensitive to the teaching role. Strive to be accepting of all the children.
3) Be dependable. If you agree to undertake a task, follow it through by attending at the times and dates arranged. Be realistic about the amount of time you can spend. If you must be late or absent, please contact the teacher.
4) Be sensitive to the needs of your own child and, with the teacher, decide whether or not it is advisable to volunteer in your child’s classroom.
5) Please follow the rules of the classroom.
*We want you to feel welcome at Bastion School and open communication is important. If you have any questions/concerns about school, feel free to contact your child’s teacher or the Principal for help.*