I’m going to try this for our lost and found this year as items are already appearing. On a regular basis I will hang some lost items by the pick up/drop off lane. After a few days if they aren’t claimed I’ll add them to a bag that will be donated. So please have a look when you come by and if you see something that belongs to your child take it.
And for the love of all that is good in this world, please label your child’s clothing 🙂
The link below is our school safety plan. I would like to thank our Health and Safety Committee for their work in putting this together. We want to reassure everyone that student and staff health and safety is of the upmost importance and we will be vigilant in maintaining high health standards at our school.
South Canoe Safety Plan
Next week is the final week of school which is incredibly hard to believe. This is a reminder that the schedule for the final week of school is not changing, so if your child is attending Monday and Tuesday, than Tuesday June 23 will be their final day of school. Report cards will be distributed on Tuesday to students; however, they can also be accessed on Parent Connect. For students that aren’t attending right now, reports will be ready for pick up on Tuesday and you are free to stop by and pick up your child’s report card through the end of the week (June 23-26).
Things look good to me! Great to see some of the kiddos again. We sure missed having them here 🙂
For those who have students returning to school next week, here is the health check that needs to be completed before you drop your child(ren) off at school OR before your child(ren) get on the bus to go to school. For students riding the bus, please send a note with your child(ren) that you have done the health check and they are safe to ride the bus.
Please contact your school if the answers to any of the following questions are “Yes”.
Does my child have a fever of greater than 37 degrees Celsius/98.6 degrees Fahrenheit?
Does my child have the chills?
Is my child experiencing any of the following?
– Shortness of breath
– Difficulty in breathing
– Chest pains
– Feelings of confusion
– Loss of consciousness
Does my child have a sore throat or pain when swallowing?
Does my child have and unusually stuffy or runny nose?
Has my child experiences a loss of their sense of smell?
Is my child experiencing an unusual headache?
Is my child experiencing muscle aches?
Is my child more fatigued than normal?
Is my child experiencing a loss of appetite?
Have you or your child traveled anywhere outside of Canada (including the USA) in the past 14 days?
Have you or your child been in close contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19?
Thank you for your patience and understanding with all this. This is an unprecedented time that has required some different thinking and procedures.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend 🙂
Hi South Canoe Parents/Guardians!
As you well know, schools are scheduled to re-open starting June 1st and parents have the option of sending their child(ren) to school and thank you for responding to the survey that went out from the District. There is lots of work being put into restarting schools again ours is no exception. Staff has been hard at work to prepare the school and make sure that students and staff will be healthy and safe. Here are some things that you need to know as we restart.
Public Heath Measures
- In the classroom (indoor or outdoor) physical distancing is not an expectation for students.
- We will be practicing a “hands-off” approach.
If a Child of Staff Member is Ill
- All children and staff who are ill with fever or infectious respiratory symptoms of any kind need to stay home and be assessed by their health care provider and tested for COVID-19.
- If your child is showing symptoms of sickness at school, you will be asked to come pick them up. We will be erring on the side of caution during these times. We ask you do the same.
Health and Safety
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to schools.
- Camping jugs with water and foaming hand soap will be set up outside (one per class) for hand washing.
- Students to wash their hands before entering the building.
- General cleaning of the school will happen once per day
- Frequently-touched shared surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected twice a day
- Washrooms should be cleaned at least twice per day
- Water fountains will be disabled but students and staff can still fill water bottles at the sink. Please send your child with a water bottle to school.
- Using gym equipment is permitted. A “Needs Disinfecting” bin and a “Disinfected” bin will be set up outside. After a class uses the equipment it will be disinfected/wiped down.
- Students are not to bring personal toys/items from home.
- Students will not be sharing school supplies.
Arrival and Pick up Procedures
- If you indicated you will not be sending your child(ren) back to school and change your mind, please contact the classroom teacher at least the day before. Some teachers have different schedules so the child’s teacher may be working from home that day. Plus, if too many students just show up it can throw off the student ratio we have been asked to maintain for health and safety reasons. Also, their class may be off site that day.
- The onus will be on parents to NOT send their child if they are showing any signs of sickness.
- There is a Health Check Check-List that will be emailed to parents and posted on the school website and if they can check off YES to any of the questions, they keep their child home.
- Again, students are to wash hands/disinfect hands before they come to school and upon arrival.
- Teachers need to be outside at 7:50 to start gathering their students.
- We will continue to meet as a group at the drum. Cones will be set up. Classes will meet in lines at the cones for attendance then we will move to into a circle.
- Jared will stay by the bus lane until 8:30 am for any late comers and text Stacy that students have arrived. Any student that checks in after 8:30 am will go to the office.
- Pick up for Mrs. Scott’s class will be at the south end of the school to alleviate congestion by the bus lane.
- Please pick up your child(ren) on time (2:00 pm).
- Parents are asked to not follow their child(ren) onto the school grounds. You can get them out of the vehicle and drop them off at the fence entrance, say goodbye, and then move on.
- Students need to be prepared to spend the majority of their time outside so please make sure they have their gear for the day.
- No sharing of food or water bottles.
- No library book sign outs for June.
- Max — 2 students in the bathroom at once.
Thanks everyone for you support and patience. We truly have an amazing family community that helps to make our job more enjoyable and less stressful. There is a lot of gratitude here.
Please check your emails for a link to a special video for you!